Courtney Barnett – Pedestrian at best (from the album Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit)

A classic slacker (anti) anthem from the Melbourner.

Apart from the wonderful pummelling riff I find I mostly get stuck on this line –

Give me all your money and I’ll make some origami honey

It’s one of those lines that probably reads quite plain on paper but somehow it shows off Barnett’s knack of being able to puncture all the bullshit poses we go on with while wrapping it all in lovely sloppy trashy guitar playing and hilarious wordplay.

Right then, carry on.

Doo doo doodoo Doo doo doodoo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2014 - Part 4: Jazz/Chamber/Orchestral/Wonky/Ambient/Minimalist

Best of 2014 - Part 3: Psych/Krautrock/Punk/Blues/Glam/Tropical

Matthew Bourne - Montauk Variations (The Leaf Label)