Cate Le Bon – Wonderful (from the album Crab day, Turnstile)

Which sees Cate dialling down the psych a tad but up on the wonderfully wonky pop, all manner of pastoral folk and baroque ballads rubbing up against angular post punk.

This song sings its own brand of wonky psych, a love song apparently, and why not, love is more psych than most, my heart’s in my liver / my heart’s in my supper my supper my supper.

And if you think that’s risky, watch the video. There really is nothing cooler than someone willing to risk looking ridiculous. The key of course is that Cate doesn’t give a fuck (I mean tan leather gloves?).

An endearing quality in itself. Paired with savage tunes it makes great pop music for all of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2014 - Part 4: Jazz/Chamber/Orchestral/Wonky/Ambient/Minimalist

Best of 2014 - Part 3: Psych/Krautrock/Punk/Blues/Glam/Tropical

Matthew Bourne - Montauk Variations (The Leaf Label)